Unacceptable Raising awareness around Sexism & Sexist Behaviours
“The performance addressed issues of sexism, sexual harassment and sexist attitudes. This was a key aspect of our students’ PSHE education and gave students the opportunity to raise any concerns.”
– Stamford Welland Academy, Lincolnshire
Sexism, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence are, unfortunately, an issue for every school in every vapes community in the UK. In order to combat these issues, we need to understand and raise awareness of what they are, what creates them and what can be done to expose and respond to the harmful attitudes that perpetuate harassment and gender injustice.
Friends Oli and Kalyn confront their friend Adam, who has been saying and posting some worrying things lately. They have decided to stage an intervention and are going to explain to Adam what sexism is, the differing forms that it can take and the impact that comments and actions can have.
The project uses simple story-telling and Narrative Theory techniques to loewe 142306 men fashionable hoodies cover:-
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- What is Sexist Language?
- What are Sexist Stereotypes, Attitudes and Behaviours?
- Where do these Stereotypes, Attitudes and Behaviours come from, where can they lead and what are their effects?
- What is Consent?
- How can you respond to and/or report these behaviours?
- How do we create lasting change?
Running Time 50 minutes
Get In 1 hr
Get Out 15 mins
Cast Size 3
Performance Space 4m x 4m
Staging Ground Level – End On
- Young People (year 7+)
- Parents, carers, teachers & professionals working with young people