In The Net
A fantastic way to put the e-safety and cyber-bullying message across to our children.
- Alison Harvey, Head teacher, Bridgewater Primary School, Northampton
An entertaining way to reinforce a very important message to the children about e-safety and cyber-bullying. The class discussions following the performance were a testament to it's positive impact.
- Nicola Redden, Anti-bullying lead, Bridgewater Primary School, Northampton
Year 4 primary students
'In the Net' was developed by the team behind our hugely successful CSE awareness-raising play 'Chelsea's Choice'. It is a fantastically fun piece of children's theatre that was created out of a growing need to make young people aware of internet safety and the real-world effects of cyber bullying.
It’s Dotty’s birthday and she’s just got a shiny new ipad. But there’s a problem. She’s not being too safe online. She’s posting personal information, chatting to strangers and making rude comments about school friends. When her behaviour results in her being pulled into the computer Dotty finds herself caught 'In the Net’. The clock is ticking and in order to get home she must go on a quest – a quest to find out how to be safer online. Along the way she’s helped by a whole host of colourful characters.
The play has been seen by hundreds of children around the UK has proven highly effective at covering:-
- Safe Internet Use
- Keeping personal information safe
- The effects of cyber-bullying on others
- What to do if you are being cyber-bullied
- What to do when you get that 'Uh-Oh!' feeling
- What to do if you have questions or concerns