An innovative means of illustrating how CSE can happen to young men as well as young women. It was a brilliant presentation that had a significant impact and was educative and challenging for us all.
- Young people (year 7+)
- Parents, carers, teachers & professionals working with young people
- The Police & the CPS
‘Crashing‘ is an innovative and powerful play from the creative team behind the hugely successful ‘Chelsea’s Choice’.
The play, which is followed by an actor facilitated post-show talk exploring the issues raised, was developed out of a growing need to illustrate the narrative on how Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) can affect boys & young men.
It tells the story of Eddie. At 15 years old he lost his mom to cancer, lost his dad to depression and ended up going absent and missing from home on a regular basis. On one of these occasions, whilst out drinking with his mates at the park, Eddie was approached by Michael. Michael was kind, good fun and owned a shop with an empty flat above it. He offered Eddie the chance to stay there whenever things at home were a bit rough, but unfortunately Michael had another agenda.
The play has proven highly effective at covering:-
- How Child Sexual Exploitation can – and does – happen to boys and young men
- What makes a Healthy Relationship
- What makes an Unhealthy Relationship
- The Grooming process, Child Sexual Exploitation & the differing models & methods
- Where to go for help and advice
For adult audiences it also:-
- Raises awareness of the importance of acknowledging, identifying and referring male victims of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Raises awareness of the importance of making referrals based on warning signs and not on gender