As well as the live performance, ‘CountyLines’ is available as part of our ‘Streamed to be Seen’ offer – watching the plays in a Covid safe way! For more info click here
County Lines gangs pose a significant threat to vulnerable adults and children upon whom they rely to conduct and/or facilitate this criminality.
– National Crime Agency , County Lines Gang Violence, Exploitation & Drug Supply briefing.
TRAILER FOR THE PLAY…
Target audience :-
- Young people (year 7+)
- Parents, carers, teachers & professionals working with young people
- The Police & the CPS
AlterEgo Creative Solutions were commissioned by Norfolk Constabulary to develop an Applied Theatre play to raise awareness around Child Criminal Exploitation – specifically the strand of the County Lines drug trafficking model that sees vulnerable adults and young people targeted by organised groups and gangs to groom, trick, trap and manipulate them into trafficking drugs and sometimes weapons.
Meet Dex. He’s a nice guy. He’ll offer you money. He’ll offer you drugs. He’ll be generous. He’ll make you feel important. He’ll make you feel part of something. He’ll make your life exciting. He’ll do whatever it takes to get you working for him and his mates… and when you do…
Meet Dex. He’s a scary guy. He’ll say you owe him money. He’ll make you deal drugs and move packages. He’ll blackmail you. He’ll be violent. He’ll make you feel terrified. He’ll turn your life upside down. He’ll do whatever it takes to keep you working for him and his mates…
And he’s good at it. He knows he’ll get you because he knows you’ll make bad decisions… bad choices. Dex runs the County Lines.
The play is aimed at raising awareness around-
- What is CountyLines and how can it affect young people
- The Grooming Process and how it can apply to CountyLines
- The similarities and potential crossovers between Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) and Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Where to go for help & advice
For adult audiences it also:-
- Raises Awareness of ‘The Warning Signs of CCE’
- Raises Awareness of the coercive process that young people may have been through that has resulted in them being criminally exploited – a process that can all too easily make it seem as though they have ‘made their own choices’.
Show Title CountyLines
Author Sean McGrath
Production Rights Gemini Creative Limited
Producer AlterEgo CS Ltd
Running Time 50 minutes (including post-show talk)
Get In 1 hr
Get Out 30 mins
Cast Size 3
Performance Space 4m x 4m
Staging Ground Level – End On
- CountyLines Information Sheet
- Info Sheet for Venues
- Teachers Pack
- CCE Toolkit for professionals
- Guidance on Capturing Intel
Leaflet for YP (front)
Leaflet for YP (back)